Join the CCC Team!
Community coordinator Job Description
Job Responsibilities & Expectations
Community coordinators serve a critical role in CCC’s mission to build meaningful relationships that foster safe, caring, whole communities. Coordinators relocate into the CCC-focused neighborhood and serve as intentional relationship-builders, connectors, and active residents working collaboratively with other neighbors and groups toward community development goals.
Community coordinators receive a base salary, housing benefits, health benefits, and a company credit card. Coordinators moving into College Heights will obtain their own housing, after which CCC will provide a monthly housing stipend as part of the coordinator’s salary.
Primary job responsibilities:
- Build mutually-enhancing relationships with neighbors living in College Heights through regular interactions as a foundational piece of CCC’s mission. These interactions may include but are not limited to: personal neighbor visits, neighborhood special events, neighborhood meetings, prayer walks, and programs/activities that align with organizational and neighborhood goals;
- Maintain communication with CCC’s sponsoring partners and encourage involvement in neighborhood activities, as appropriate;
- Work collaboratively with CCC’s team of community coordinators toward collective goals;
- Stay in regular communication with team members, including but not limited to participating in team meetings;
- Help implement strategies for translating CCC's mission into specific activities and programs in CCC-focused neighborhoods, including defined goals and measurable outcomes;
- Seek out and engage willing neighborhood leaders in community development activities;
- Build and/or maintain relationships with assigned neighborhood churches, schools, businesses, agencies, neighborhood associations, and other groups;
- Maintain accurate and timely records of monthly neighbor/partner interactions and activities. These may include but are not limited to special event attendance, neighbor visits, meetings, speaking engagements, and neighbor feedback. Submit activity reports and time records each month to the team leader in an approved format;
- Utilize CCC funds responsibly within the approved program budget;
- Turn in copies of credit card receipts for CCC-related expenses with your monthly credit card statement to the CCC office by the 10th of every month;
- Work with the coordinator team to review and evaluate operations relevant to neighborhood work and recommend changes as needed;
- Attend regular CCC prayer walks and staff meetings, as scheduled by the executive director;
- As appropriate, attend relevant meetings of local agencies and organizations to help represent CCC in the community and to develop partnerships;
- Participate in continuing education and training opportunities, including attendance at regional and/or national conferences related to CCC’s work, as approved by the executive director;
- Assist with grant applications and evaluations as assigned by the executive director;
- Participate in planning and implementing CCC’s annual fundraising events;
- Participate in other special projects as assigned by the executive director.
- Willing to relocate to the College Heights neighborhood
- Undergraduate degree preferred, preferably in Social Work, Domestic Missions or related field of study
- Minimum of 1-2 years relevant work experience in human services field
- Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively with diverse populations
- Proven ability to contribute both independently and as a key team member
- Availability and flexibility to work weekday evenings and weekends on a regular basis
- Self- starter with excellent problem-solving skills combined with the proven ability to multi-task, prioritize duties, and manage time effectively
- Bilingual skills, particularly Spanish, a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel) and Gmail
- Valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle with current insurance
- Ability to pass a background check
- Submit a resume and cover letter via Indeed.com or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and
- Submit the online application below by June 15, 2018.